No photos today. No sharing of a project. All our stuff is packed up. I don't even have easy access to my knitting needles (though with this heat, I really don't want to knit).
But before total radio silence, I wanted to share my plans here. By sharing, I'm hoping that will help me complete my goals... by being held accountable because I shared my intentions...
So, my sewing and knitting plans for the summer include:
- sewing at least one summer dress for my youngest babe, hopefully with matching bloomer pants
- sewing some yoga pants for my eldest. I have the fabric. I've done these before. She's outgrown and worn-out the others I've made for her, so it is time!
- sewing a pocket cloth diaper from the cloth diaper sewing supplies I purchased months ago (including a snap-install tool thing). If it is a success, I'd like to make a whole batch.
- knitting a flattering t-shirt styled pullover (likely with a v-neck) out of linen yarn (I want it to be classic and lightweight for summer wearing or layering). So far, my trawls on Ravelry haven't shown me a pattern that exists that is exactly what I'm looking for, so this may involve making something up. Goodie!
- planning for and starting? on a classic aran cable sweater for myself. I've always wanted to make one of these for myself. I would like a cardigan, I think with pockets. And I'm planning on using some Quince & Co limited edition osprey yarn that I got just for the occasion (who could pass up trying Quince & Co. yarn for only $6/skein?!? I've always wanted to try it and now I have a reason - even the natural color will be perfect for the project, no dyeing needing). Again, I haven't found the perfect pattern for this, and I think I might like to come up with my own cable configuration, so this may be another pattern I kinda make up myself.
- learn how to use Photoshop to scan and retouch old photos from my college photography class days and share that process with you here on the blog.
I can't wait to start on all this - but that won't happen until we've settled in on the other side. I think I may even be getting my own little sewing room!! Fingers crossed. If I do, I'll be sure to share a few photos of the space.